* Call for Papers *
Codicology and Palaeography in the Digital Age III August 16, 2012
Following up on two previous publications in the series “Codicology and Palaeography in the Digital Age” (CPDA I, 2009 ; CPDA II, 2011 ), the Institute of Documentology and Scholarly Editing (IDE) wants to continue to document and compare different approaches to scholarly problems in the fields of codicology and palaeography. For this reason the IDE plans to publish a third volume of "Codicology and Palaeography in the Digital Age" and asks for submissions.
Topics may cover but are not limited to:
- image capturing (multispectral, thermography, etc)
- image processing (segmentation, pattern recognition, layout extraction, etc.)
- analysis of materials (ink, writing material etc.)
- description, identification, and classification of hand, script, or type features
- semantic description (application of norm data, RDF, ontologies, etc)
- storage, collection, cumulation, and exchange of, and access to information (meta catalogs, portals)
- collaborative “Erschließung”, i.e. description / transcription / edition (user generated description/content)
- quantitative codicology and bibliography
- new ways of presentation (visualisation, mobile apps, integral presentation of images, description, annotation, transcription, edition)
We would like to stimulate the exchange between disciplines and user groups by explicitly inviting papers covering non-Western manuscripts, non-manuscript materials, e.g inscriptions, incunabula, etc.
Contributions which explore these and similar subjects (cf. previous CfP ) are most welcome and can be submitted in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish. We plan to continue our policy of open access publication. Proposals of not more than 500 words should be sent by 22 December 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editors of this volume:
- Oliver Duntze (Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin – Preußischer Kulturbesitz)
- Oliver Hahn (Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung)
- Torsten Schaßan (Herzog August Bibliothek Wolfenbüttel)